Have you ever wanted your photos of your vacation or kids to stand out a little more? Do you wish that they were a little brighter, more bold or have that “pop” that you see?
I’ll give you ten quick steps to make your photos have that bright, beautiful pop that you want! These steps are made for anyone to follow and the preset is for everyone to use. You can be a regular mom, a Disney mom or a professional photographer! These are easy to use for everyone!
Ten Steps To Better Photos Today
- Download Lightroom Mobile for free from your App Store. Sign up for a free account if you don’t already have one.
- Click on the small blue picture icon with a plus sign on the bottom right corner to add a photo to your Lightroom library.
- Select a photo from your photo library, then you can start editing. I recommend either starting with your favorite preset or going directly to the “Light” category on the bottom toolbar.
- I recommend adding a preset but you do not need to. You can get my favorite preset for free by signing up for my Newsletter here and following the instructions below to add it to your Lightroom Mobile app.
- Then go to “Light” / “Exposure” first and move the slider to the right or left to achieve desired brightness. I almost always prefer the slider to the right a bit for a brighter photo.
- Next, go to the “Color” / “Temp.” I recommend usually moving more towards the yellow side for a warmer photo as that’s my preference; however you may prefer cooler photos and then should slide to the left toward blue.
- For a nearly last step of editing, go to “Crop” on the toolbar. Start by straightening your photo. There is an automatic “straighten” button or you may manually rotate the image lining up the grid with the natural horizon of the photo. This may appear to only make a subtle difference at first; however, it can offer a dramatic improvement to the eye. To crop the photo, just pull a corner in and hit the checkmark to crop. This can be helpful to get a closer look or remove unwanted crowds or blank space from corners of a photo.
- Tap the checkmark in the top right to save your edit in Lightroom.
- Click on the share button which is the second button in on the top right menu bar “Share to…” which will lead you to being able to click on the words “Share to…” and from there you can save your image by clicking “save image” or share it socially from there.
- Enjoy sharing your bright and beautiful photos with family and friends!
Using The Art of Adventures Free Preset, Main Street Adventures
To download my favorite preset, sign up for my newsletter, and then follow these steps to load the preset into Lightroom Mobile. You will only have to set this up once and then you will be able to use this preset – forever!
- After you sign up for my newsletter, the preset will be automatically sent to your inbox.
- Click on the “download the preset” button.
- This will take you to a OneDrive file which you will save by clicking on the three dots on the top left and “download.” This file may appear blank at times, do not be alarmed.
- Open Lightroom Mobile app.
- Click on “Add from Files” and add the downloaded DNG file, “Main Street Adventures,” to Lightroom Mobile.
- Click on the DNG file in Lightroom mobile to open it and be able to edit it.
- Click on the “…” in the top right. Click “Create Preset.” Name the Preset “Main Street Adventures” and add the group “The Art of Adventures Presets.” Keep all blue check marks checked. Then click on the checkmark in the top right to save the preset.
- Open a new photo in Lightroom Mobile and on the bottom bar scroll to the far right to find “Presets” and apply your new Main Street Adventures to your favorite photo! Follow the steps above to fine tune the adjustments to your liking.
Before and After Main Street Adventures Preset
This specific preset is more based on outdoor photos like you will see taken on Main Street USA with buildings, shops, castles, flowers and the sky as your backdrop!
Take a look at these before and after examples!
PhotoPass Photo Before | Main Street Adventures Preset Added After
iPhone X Portrait Mode Photo Before | Main Street Adventures Preset Added After
RAW photo from professional camera BEFORE | Main Street Adventures Preset AFTER
I hope you find these tips for using Lightroom Mobile and this free Lightroom Mobile Preset helpful! Tell me in the comments what else you’d like to know about taking and editing better photos of your family today!