Galaxy’s Edge is the newest land of Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Officially opening August 29, 2019, we were able to attend a Passholder Preview event on Saturday. So I came up with some ways for you to enjoy your trip to Batuu the most!
First, a question I think many are asking themselves: Do I need to be a Star Wars mega fan to enjoy Galaxy’s Edge? Not at all! The details are incredible and you will definitely feel transported to a whole new world. So if you love the magic of Disney and feeling fully immersed in an experience with no detail left undone, you’ll be sure to enjoy this incredible land.
Here are six tips for planning your visit to Batuu.
1. Use PhotoPass and Magic Shots. There are several PhotoPass photographers available throughout the land. Be sure to get some photographic evidence that you were there and don’t forget to ask for Magic Shots which could include special friends or things in the sky!
2. Plan your food and drink. Food. It’s always about the food! Gotta eat! There are several food and drink options in Galaxy’s Edge. Docking Bay 7 is a quick service restaurant with many delicious food options, including an amazing plant based dish. Blue and green milks are available at a stand (with or without alcohol). Sodas in a special bottle are available for purchase. There is also a special flavored popcorn. Free water stations are available throughout the land. Oga’s Cantina is a bar with 90% standing room only and serves mostly alcohol and non-alcohol drinks but does have two (non-vegan) snacks. With so many options, it’s a good idea to choose which ones you want to try the most! If you want to see more about the food, drink and Oga’s Cantina, be sure to check out my highlights on Instagram.
3. Get the best Seat on Smuggler’s Run. For the ride that’s currently open, Smuggler’s Run, you can opt for different roles. I was a Pilot and so was my husband but he said he would have rather been a gunner. Pilots either steer left and right or up and down and the other Pilot does the opposite so Piloting is a little difficult! I think no matter what role you pick, you’ll be happy! But Pilot definitely seems to be the most popular and sits in the front row. This could also be your excuse to ride several times!
4. Enjoy the friends on Batuu. One of the coolest parts of Galaxy’s Edge is that there are several characters roaming the land including: Storm Troopers, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Rey and more. They are extremely fun to interact with and we even witnessed them playing games and having fun on several occasions.
5. Download the Disney Play App. On Batuu, there are many ways to Play with the Play Disney Parks App. You can scan special cargo and discover hidden gems all throughout the land. Thank you to my friend, Renee from Tale of One Mom’s Mess for alerting me to this one!
6. Learn the Language. On Batuu, they speak a little bit of a different language, but don’t worry you’ll catch on quickly. Here are a few phrases to get you started: “Bright Suns” = Good Morning | “Rising Moons” = Good Evening | “Til the Spire” = Goodbye
What about for the little ones? At first sight, it doesn’t appear as though there’s a lot for little ones to do on Batuu. There are no rides for guests under 38 inches currently. And some of the other main attractions are Oga’s Cantina and building a lightsaber which are not particularly toddler/preschooler friendly. My little one is two had an amazing time still! She enjoyed being a Padawan, exploring the land and meeting new friends. And you can use the Rider Swap to have those tall enough to ride take turns riding Smuggler’s Run without having to wait twice so don’t forget to use that!
To get Elodie’s Princess Leia tutu outfit, click here (affiliate link).
What do you think? What are you most excited about? What are your tips for visiting Batuu? Leave your tips and thoughts in a comment below!